Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Please Help!!

My daughter is being a monster!! I dont know what to do... she is the happiest baby in the world if I am in the same room as her and she can touch me as she pleases or if I hold her when she wants... Not just hold her, stand with her and I seriously cant do that all day everyday... she hates cuddling and I have bought every toy know to man that can entertain her and she has a excersaucer and a walker and she will stay in them for maybe 10 min each... I have so much to do and I dont want to sound like a bad mom but I cant hold her all the time... I have tried the whole thing where if they have been feed, diapered and still cry to just let them but she never gives up and if after 15 or 20 min she does then she waits maybe 2 min and starts again.... I really dont know what to do but I look like a slob and my house looks worse because I cant let her scream because brandon is working nights and we have to be quiet... I have let her cry 3 times today and once se cried herself to sleep and slept for 10 min... I think my daughter is a little Diva and she knows it... what seriously do I do???

2 comments:

The Youngs said...

Caylee screamed the WHOLE first year of her life, all day long, every day. I know what it's like. Seems to me that maybe Alexis is started to hit that separation anxiety stage. Do you have one of those baby carriers you wear? That was a lifesavor for me with Caylee. I'd just walk around with her attached to me, cleaning or vacuuming. And as far as showering goes, will she play in the bathroom while you shower, or shower with you? I used to do that too. I would try to quickly clean and shower & get ready when Caylee was napping. It was a lot faster, easier, and seemed more productive.

That's all I can come up with for right now, but I'll come back if I think of something else. Just try to remember that she's not always going to want to be so attached to her mom. So try to enjoy it while you can. :)

Blogging and Bliss said...

You try a front pack? Wes likes it if I take him out for a ride. He loves to GO! It is really hard because sometimes they just cry and cry. You just have to do what you need to and then give her time. Yes some stuff will get pushed off but she will outgrow this eventually. Love your blog! Have a great day!