Thursday, April 17, 2008

Baby problems

I just thought I would update everyone so everyone knows what happened. On Tuesday morning Brandon left for work at 3:15 AM like he always does and when he left I was having some contractions, nothing major just like braxton hicks. So I got as comfortable as I could and I went back to sleep. I woke up again at 7:00 and was having really bad contractions that were definatly not braxton hicks. I tried to lay different and that didn't help, I tried to get up and walk around and that didn't help either. So I called Brandon at work and told him to call me back in an hour to check on me because I was having contractions really bad and they weren't going away, by the end of our conversation I had changed my mind to having him call in 30 mins. So I tried to eat and take some tums to see if I just had a stomach ache and that wasn't the problem either, then I tried to get in the shower and that also failed to give any relief at all. I had called my mom to see if she had any advice because my doctors office wasn't opened yet and she called my old doctor who said I should go be seen which for me meant a 3 hour car ride and Brandon getting off of work, so I really was not wanting to do that. When 8:15 rolled around I called my doctors office and asked to talk to a nurse and left a message for a nurse to call me and I told the girl on the phone that I was almost 34 weeks pregnant and that I was having contractions. In the mean time Brandon called and said that everyone at work told him to leave and take me to the hospital and so he was on his way home and if the nurse called back and told me otherwise then he could just go back to work, so I agreed to that solution. Brandon got home and I was packing some clothes, just incase and he hurried and showered. Well as we were walking out the door my doctor called me back and he said that I need to come in and be seen and he wanted me to go to his office, then he asked me some questions and quickly changed his mind and told me to meet him in labor & delivery. At that point I was getting worried because that meant that it was serious. Brandon drove us as safely and quickly as he could and when we arrived at the hospital it seemed like everyone was waiting for us. They hooked me up to a monitor and gave me some tributaline to stop my contractions. It worked for a while and then they started to come back so they gave me more. Then they were coming back again so they gave me some demoral and phenogrine hoping that would do the trick. They slowed down enough that they felt comfortable sending me home and so they gave me another dose of tributaline and send me home with some pills to take if I started having contactions again. The doctor told me that I have to be a lady of leasure and told Brandon that he gets to take cold showers for the rest of my pregnancy, I had to laugh. So now I am in Fallon at my in-laws with no husband because he had to go back to work and I am trying to stay laying down but it is not easy or fun at all.

No comments: